The Speech-Language Pathologist will be responsible for evaluating, and providing direct care to the patients of Family Care Certified Services who require a Speech-Language Pathologist.
- Graduate from an approved program in Speech-Language approved by the American Speech-Language- Hearing Association or the American Academy of Audiology.
- Current New York State Licensure and registration as a Speech-Language Pathologist in New York State.
- At least 2 years experience. Home Care experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently, have demonstrated patient teaching skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, and home health care related software programs.
- Must have a car with current insurance coverage and a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to travel extensively.
This description is intended to be a specific statement regarding this position. It may be modified by Family Care Certified Services, at any time to include new and/or updated tasks.
The essential Job Functions/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Making planned home visits to evaluate patients’ physical abilities and disabilities.
- Developing and implementing a plan of care based on his/her evaluation in accordance with approved physician’s orders.
- Identifying problems and providing intervention.
- Suggesting appropriate changes in patient’s program, to be approved by the physician.
- Advising and conferencing with other members of the interdisciplinary team and family regarding the plan of Care and Services.
- Conferencing with the Director of Rehab Services as needed to, assure accountability to professional standards.
- Administering physical, and/or mechanical treatments competently, to achieve identified goals.
- Observing, recording and reporting to the physician and program personnel, the patients’ reaction to treatment and any changes in patient’s condition.
- Identifying problems with the operation and/or safety of equipment placed in the patients’ home and follow-ups appropriately.
- Recording quality assurance data, as needed.
- Preparing and maintaining clinical notes according to the policies of the Agency and Speech-Language Standards.
- Attending and participating in team meetings and conferences, as required.
- Participating in orientation and in-service programs.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principals.
- All other duties as necessary.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered a detail description of all work requirements that may be inherent to the job.
About Tri-Borough Home Care Ltd
Welcome to Tri-Borough’s Home Care family. Tri-Borough Home Care is licensed by New York State to provide home health care services in Brooklyn, Bronx, New York City, Queens, Staten Island and the Lower Hudson Valley region. We are a patient centered Organization whose purpose is to serve the homebound population with a high level of professional and supervised care. Our patient’s care is managed by providing complete and comprehensive home therapy.
Tri-Borough Home Care is seeking to fill the following positions: Home Health Aides, Personal Care Assistants and Certified Nurse’s Aides.
In the Community
Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island, Long Island and the Lower Hudson Valley.