- Assist with planning, developing, organizing implementing, evaluating and supervising resident care services, including assistance with medication in accordance with current rules, DOH regulations and guidelines that govern the community.
- Meet with administration, medical and Resident care staff, as well as other related departments in planning resident care.
- Interpret care policies and procedures to staff, residents, family members, etc., as necessary.
- Maintain service records, resident files, and progress notes as required.
- Make written and oral reports or recommendations to the Nurse Manager, as necessary or required, concerning care services.
- Maintain an adequate liaison with families and residents.
- Create and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
- Make appropriate reports to the Nurse Manager as required or as may be necessary, including departmental performance evaluations.
- Assist in identifying and correcting problem areas and/or the improvement of services.
- Review resident care needs and physicians’ orders throughout each shift.
- Ensure staff, residents, visitors, etc., follow established safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Encourage residents, as necessary, to participate in ADLs based on their level of care (ALR, EALR, SNALR).
NYS LPN License
Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an LPN in New York State.
Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse in a care facility or other related health care facility.
- Health and Dental Insurance with optional Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Variety of voluntary supplemental insurances
- 403(b) tax-sheltered savings accounts
- Paid Time Off for vacation and personal time
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee assistance program/Success Coach
- Annual Scrubs Allowance
- Discount tickets for movies, car washes & attractions
- MUCH MORE!!!
About Friendly Senior Living
Friendly Senior Living is a not-for-profit organization supporting a continuum of innovative and dynamic services to meet the social, personal and healthcare needs of seniors in our community. We embrace a person directed philosophy honoring choice and independence. We are dedicated to living our values each day allowing us to provide excellent care and services – always.
In the Community
The Friendly Senior Living continuum of caring communities provides a range of residences and services that meet the varied and changing needs of our residents at Cloverwood, Glenmere, Linden Knoll, Friendly Home and Lovejoy. Our reputation for excellence is marked by our ability to adapt to the needs of those we serve while remaining dedicated to the purposes of our founders. We strive to continuously enhance our offerings to remain a progressive leader in the field of person-centered care and services. Our goal is to always exceed expectations with new and unique solutions for those we serve, ensuring maximum quality of life for older adults and peace of mind for families. We are committed to serving an increasing aging population as it changes and grows.
How to Apply